Nelson Energy Seal® Technician
Reports To: Director of Operations
The energy seal technician will be trained to identify the thermal envelope of the home and to effectively and efficiently apply the proper sealants during the construction process according to Nelson Energy Seal® Methods at two critical stages of construction – at rough frame (Energy Seal 1) and at the drywall stage (Energy Seal 2). All work is accomplished from the INSIDE of the home.
- Apply sealant as scheduled, in a thorough and accurate manner, according to Nelson Energy Seal® Method.
- Document legibly and accurately all work completed according to company policy, and submit on a daily basis.
- Work closely with management to ensure timely scheduling of jobs.
- Build and maintain customer relations in field to ensure excellent customer service and enhance the company’s image.
- Obtain various materials for jobs from storage/office.
- Report any problems or discrepancies to the management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures.
- Perform physical activity to seal homes according to procedure such as bending, stooping, reaching, climbing on ladders, and other such activity.<
- Reliable transportation is mandatory
- Must be able to communicate daily via e-mail through company provided computer and cell phone (we reimburse).
- Some ladder work
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work in outdoor construction conditions
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Paid Training
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Compensation is a unique combination of modest hourly wage + piece-rate production incentive based on production efficiency and quality of workmanship. Average first year earnings = $18-$20+ per hour. We have employees who have established themselves as valuable members to the company and earn effectively $25+ per hour
This job is for independent self starters who enjoy working by themselves.
D.R. Nelson and Associates, Inc. developed the Nelson Energy Seal® service in 1981.
Our unique service eliminates excessive air leakage during the construction process by applying sealants at 2 critical stages of construction. Anyone interested in energy efficient construction for their new home, whether Energy Star® performance or Green Built® certification, MUST eliminate excessive air leakage to meet those performance goals. Michigan’s new energy code requires that all new homes be sealed effectively – something we have been doing for 30 years!
Our company is the pioneer in this fast growing field of building science.